Having a wider reach could give you more prospective customers for your products and services. The question is, how can you reach your target audience without spending too much money, time, and other resources? This is where lead generation tactics can play a powerful role.
One thing to consider is how you can make sure that the visitors to your website or social media become truly interested in what you are offering. In terms of marketing, lead generation is a mix of quantity and quality.
However, having tons of leads doesn’t necessarily translate to achieving your goals for higher sales conversion rates. Lots of leads can mean that you have unqualified buyers who may require more persuasion prior to conversion (sale).
The following can serve as your guide to generating high quality leads that will grow your small business.
- First Things First, Track Your Lead Generation
The first step is to track lead generation return on investment (ROI). This helps you allocate a budget using measurable channels that entice leads, whether you are using social media, email, your website, or direct marketing to draw them in.
Google Analytics is good for this. Google can help you identify which pages generate the most traffic to your site. Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM)can also aid you in keeping tabs on the relationships you are building with potential customers.
Marketing automation software,like HubSpot is also useful to track potential customer activity. It also helps you deliver marketing content tailored to your target audience’s interests.
- Leverage Social Media
Aside from boosting brand awareness and interacting with customers via your website, you can also leverage social media to enhance your sales pipeline. A few social media tips include:
- Share content that drives traffic. The most effective way of generating leads via social media is publishing content that direct traffic to your site. You can share blog posts, links, and even discounts to compel people to click through to your website.
- Build a loyal following. Make sure to get to know your online audience and share information that will highlight your expertise. Join LinkedIn groups and other social media groups relevant to your business. When the relationship is built, a customer is likely to trust your business more.
- Focus on engagement. Don’t focus only on your company, but instead try to interact with others and be more helpful. When customers are ready to make a purchase, they will likely come to you.
- Make Lead Generation Mobile
When your content entices customers to visit your site, the next step is to get them to convert. It is optimal to get contact information via an intuitive online form. Mobile friendly forms that are designed properly can increase your conversion rate.
Optimizing forms for mobile means that you need to consider how forms will look across multiple devices, and multiple screen sizes. Users are not supposed to make extra effort just to complete a form on a mobile device, so make it easy for them.
- Create Powerful Content
The most important part of a powerful lead generation strategy is content. People are attracted to websites, because of the valuable content that is served up on a consistent basis. The great thing about it is content marketing is far more affordable than traditional marketing, and can generate more leads.
To make your content marketing effective, you need to find a defined target audience and tailor content just for them. Create engaging and informative blog posts, ebooks, webinars, videos, and landing pages that provide solutions to pain points and prompt visitors to take action.
- Use Email Marketing To Your Advantage
Emails are an affordable and effective way to generate new business opportunities when used properly. Concentrate on an opt-in strategy to make sure that your subscribers are happy.
They should love receiving your emails and remember to include a link for your audience to subscribe. A few tips include:
- Send valuable offers. Your offers should feel exclusive and give useful information.
- Include clear CTAs. Ensure that your customers know what you want them to do with CTAs.
- Link to landing pages. This is where your customers will provide their details for future remarketing efforts. “For example, a page intended to sell a product will be focused entirely on that product,” DreamHost explained.
- Optimize your website for speed. Make sure you optimize your WordPress website speed so every page loads quickly. Every second matters!
- Thank your customers. Be sure to have additional content and don’t forget to incorporate social media sharing buttons that encourage leads to share.
Maximize Small Business Growth With Lead Generation
There are a number of ways to grow your small business, and lead generation remains one of the most effective. Build a lead generation strategy with string content marketing and be sure to connect with potential customers in a meaningful way. Are your lead generation efforts maximizing profits?